Enjoy the comfort of home in your luxurious suite. The suites are bright and spacious and offer quiet and privacy, while just steps away from the activity.
Our four-piece bath includes safety rail and emergency call bell. Roomy ensuite walk-in closets. Windows open wide to let in fresh air and you control the heat and air conditioning in your own suite.
Kitchenettes allow you the freedom to have your own snacks in your suite. You can use your own phone number and cable TV is provided. Best of all, with housekeeping service three days a week, and linens looked after, there is no housework!
The following services are provided in all accommodations:
- Three meals daily with choice of menu
- Kitchenettes including half-fridge, sink, counter and overhead shelves
- Linen service
- Housekeeping services 3 days a week
- Extensive activity and entertainment programs with social director
- 24-hour security system
- Personal laundry facilities conveniently located on each floor
- Cost of all utilities (heat, hydro, water, gas)
- On-site medical clinic with our staff medical doctor on call 24 hours
- 24-hour professional nursing supervision
- Emergency call alarms in bathroom, bedroom and living room
- Ongoing assessment and supervision of care required
- Basic Cable TV service is included with room rental
- Phone is available at an extra fee
- Wifi included
The following additional services are provided in the assisted living area:
Southbrook Retirement Community offers an Assisted Living Care Area located on the Garden Level of the building. The Assisted Living Area is available and recommended for Residents who may be compromised physically and/or cognitively. The Assisted Living Area is designed to provide residents with a familiar structure and routine, enabling them to remain as independent as possible in the areas where they are still successful and offer support whenever it is needed.
The Assisted Living Area offers the following care services in addition to those services and amenities described:
- Supervision and monitoring by certified personnel offering 1 1/2 hours of care per day.
- Staff in unit 24 hours per day
- Assistance with weekly bathing
- Assistance with personal hygiene and activities of daily living
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Incontinence management
- Assistance with mobility and transferring as required
- Meal service in unit dining room
- Specialized activities and recreational programming
Memory Care caters to those residents who need a higher level of care in a smaller environment. Memory care is offered in a safe and nurturing environment within Southbrook’s Assisted Living Area and is tailored specifically for the unique needs of seniors experiencing memory loss. Around the clock, nursing is provided here to assure that needs are met. Activities are organized every week for all residents to take part in as they wish. A smaller private dining room helps provides a sense of comfort and stability. A private garden allows residents as they are willing and able to help with the growing of herbs for the chefs to use in their meals. The memory care suites are sought after and we do our utmost to ensure that everyone’s needs are met.